Frozen, but My Heart's Warm

Friday, February 28, 2014

from Pinterest (lol)
Y'all, I finally saw Frozen. And yes, I'm kinda late to the party.

My friends had all gushed over how amazing this movie was, and I could only find a single solitary pin at Disneyworld of Anna and Elsa, so I had very little exposure to this movie beforehand, other than a couple plot points.Thank goodness for on-campus movie theaters to change that, though, as my happy crew and I saw a weekend showing.

Let me just tell you that my friends and I already made plans to attend the sing-along showing that's playing in a couple of days.

There's something about the story that feels so genuine. Not that any of the past Disney movies I'd seen weren't genuine also, but I felt like I could identify with both Anna and Elsa on some level. So when the ending came, I really felt like I was totally invested in the movie. I'm pretty sure I was invested when the opening scene started, though.

But one thing I love about this movie is that one of the main lessons is that love drives out fear. There's a Bible verse that references this - 1 John 4:18. It gives me chills thinking of how closely this movie went with this verse. A large part of the movie centers around Elsa keeping herself isolated from those she loves out of fear that she might hurt them with her ice powers, but eventually she learns that the opposite is true, and that love always conquers, even in ways that one would never expect. There are other lessons to be learned from Frozen, but that was one of the biggest ones I saw.

I guess I need to brush up on my lyrics now if I'm going to the watch this movie a second time and sing along to everything. :) And I'm looking forward to it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!