The "Southern Belle" Tag

Thursday, May 15, 2014

When I was browsing YouTube one day - as I often do - I discovered a tag/survey that I'd never seen before.
This is the "Southern Belle" tag. I am in fact Southern, and have lived in the South my entire life, so I thought it'd be fun to adapt this tag to my blog. That way, y'all can get to know me better, too. :)

Ready? Let's go!

1) Do you have an accent?
Kind of. I don't have a very thick accent, but it sometimes comes out when I say specific words, like "I", "I'll", and...

2) Do you say y'all?
Yes, yes I do.

3) Do you like monogrammed things?
YES. See this blog (and any end of any post I've written thus far). I've always enjoyed monogrammed things because 1) My name was considered rare back in the 90's, so it was a treat to see my name actually on something spelled correctly, and 2) they just look super pretty.

4) Do you like sweet tea?
Of course! I didn't start liking it until I was in high school, but I love it now. And I know how to sweeten regular tea if for some reason a restaurant doesn't carry sweet tea.

5) What's your favorite thing to eat at Chick-Fil-A?
It depends on what time of day it is. For lunch, I'll eat a chicken sandwich or chicken nuggets with Polynesian sauce. However, when it's breakfast, I always go for Chicken Minis. If you have never tried those, you should seriously consider it.

6) Do you own any chevron?
I do. I typically have it mostly in decor and school supplies, but I do have this one chevron dress that I got years ago from Target that makes me happy. I wore it on my 20th birthday.

7) What is your favorite college football team?
I'm not the biggest fan of college football, but for this question, I shall go with Alabama Crimson Tide.

8) Do you wear jean jackets?
I used to when I was little, but I prefer chambray shirts these days. 

9) Fire flies or lightning bugs?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes.

10) Do you like Lilly Pulitzer? If so, do you have a favorite print?
Yes, I do! I used Lilly planners throughout my college career. My favorite print is You Gotta Regatta, which looks like this:



11) How hot/humid does it get where you live?
It depends on what month it is, but it gets very hot/humid where I live, yes.

12) Vineyard Vines or Southern Tide?
I'm most familiar with Vineyard Vines, so I'll go with that one. :)

13) Do you say "yes/no ma'am/sir"?
I do. I'm so thankful that I learned to say these when I was younger, just because how much of an impact being courteous can have on people you come into contact with.

14) What is your favorite "southern" food?
Oh my biscuits, this is a difficult question.
Breakfast: bacon, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, eggs over medium, cheese grits, hash browns, bacon
Any other meal: fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac n' cheese
Usually when I'm asked a favorite food, I'll say "southern cooking". This is what it usually entails. :)

15) Do you listen to country music? If so, what's your favorite song?
I will listen to it if that's what my friends are playing, but I usually lean towards other genres of music. My brand of country pretty much entails Taylor Swift, so pretty much any song by her works for me.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I thought it was something a little different and fun that I could do.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!