Adventuring in East Nashville (& Beyond!)

Friday, October 10, 2014

I'm from the Middle Tennessee area, and I've grown up here all my life. I've also visited Nashville countless times, and I've seen a whole lot of it. However, there was one area that neither me nor my parents hadn't seen yet: East Nashville.

When I turned 23 a couple days ago, we decided to browse some of East Nashville. Visiting a new place or district in your area is a great idea for a birthday, just because of the fact that you'll always remember when and why you visited. I know my visit here will be something I won't forget, and I'm already looking forward to coming back. :)

So, I thought it'd be fun to share my favorite parts of the East Nashville (and Green Hills) area with you.

Barista Parlor



I love coffee shops. There's no question about that. However, I'd never visited this one. Y'all...I had no idea what I was missing.

The entire coffeeshop is situated in an industrial building with open garage doors. You order your coffee, breakfast foods, and/or pastries up front, and they'll be delivered to your table later. 

There's no menu that I found online (as of now), so it was fun to go in without knowing really what to expect. However, I was not disappointed. I got the Tortuga coffee (with notes of black cherry! YUM!) and a plate of biscuits and gravy for brunch.

Best brunch ever. Seriously. If you're in the area and haven't been, just check it out. :) (Also, there's a pop-up ramen shop just across the street! How cool is that?)

The "I Believe in Nashville" Mural




I've seen friends of mine take pictures in front of this mural, and I honestly had no idea where it was. It's right on 12 South, and it's right on a side of a shop, so you can't miss it. :)

There are three of these murals in Nashville, but I believe this one on 12 South is the original.

Also, the artist behind this mural started a design and apparel company, and the store is filled with really fun Nashville merchandise!

White's Mercantile

Up the street from the mural is this sweet little shop. Here, you can find clothes, art, candles, mugs, and other eclectic items.

Just walking through this shop is a whole lot of fun, and it was neat to see all the little knickknacks. 

Other Places to See

Las Paletas - This is a place I've been visiting since high school, but they moved to a new location on 12 South. If you're into homemade popsicles, this is your place. I especially love their fruit popsicles with the real fruit pieces...I believe the one I really liked was a Strawberry Banana popsicle.

Street Art - While you're in this area, take a ton of pictures. Seriously.

Photo from my Mom's Instagram :)

Vintage signs and street art are everywhere you look, and there's a ton of history behind these unique pieces of art. It makes for some fun Instagramming, too!

Plus, you never know when art like that will change - especially the graffiti-style art - so if you like something, snap a quick photo of it. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!