Halloweekend Day Two: Books for the Halloween Season!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's Day Two of my "Halloweekend" series! Today, let's talk about books. :)

Now, I'm not a big fan of horror, but I enjoy reading books that kind of fit with the Fall theme of the season. Also, I think fantasy is a lot of fun to read around this time of year, too.

If you're looking to snuggle up with a great book on this fine Saturday before Halloween, here are my recommendations.

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving



This is a classic. A headless horseman in the night? Need I say more?

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë



I'm actually only recommending this for the atmosphere. Beyond that, this book is one that I've gotten frustrated with over the years, mainly for its storyline. (Kathryn: Heathcliff, I love you! No, wait, I don't!)

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket



Want to take a trip down memory lane? Pick up the first book in this series. Lemony Snicket's writing style is absolutely phenomenal, and this unconventional children's series is so much fun around this time of year. (The movie is great, too! It's based on the first three books of the series).

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce



I had to include a YA fantasy in this list. This is a modern-day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood set in Georgia that involves two sisters who fight werewolves while wearing red capes. It's an awesome read regardless of the season.

all cover images are from amazon.com

What are your favorite books for this time of year?

Halloweekend 2014 Posts:
Day One - Costumes
Day Three - Fall iPhone Wallpaper

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!